News and Correspondence
- Letter to the School Board Regarding Elementary School Boundary Adjustment Recommendations (November 28, 2020)
- Letter to the County Board Regarding the Clarendon Sector Plan Update (November 9, 2020)
- Letter to Bill Ross, Parks and Recreation Commission Regarding the Renaming of Henry Clay Park (September 26, 2020)
- Letter to the County Board Regarding the Ordinance Against Sidewalk Crowding (August 31, 2020)
CCCA meetings occur on the third Thursday of every month from 7:30 PM to 9 PM ET. We currently meet by Zoom. Please register in advance to receive a calendar invitation.
January 21, 2021 – Agenda items include:
- Discussion with Community Planning, Housing and Development (CPHD) about community involvement in developments and projects
- Presentation from the Arlington Tree Action Group (ATAG)
- Updates from representative to the Neighborhood Conservation Advisory Committee (NCAC)
- Updates from representative to the Clarendon Sector Plan Long Range Planning Committee
February 18, 2021 – Agenda items include:
March 18, 2021
April 15, 2021
May 20, 2021
June 17, 2021
November 19, 2020 – Presentation from the Department of Environmental Services on Vision Zero in Arlington
October 16, 2020 – Visit from Claire Peters, Principal of the new school at Key Elementary; discussion on the Clarendon Sector Plan Update
September 17, 2020 – Visit from Takis Karantonis, Arlington County Board Member, to discuss his priorities in office and the Missing Middle Housing Study
August 20, 2020 – Presentation from Arlington Public Schools on the walk zone at Key Elementary; presentation from the team developing a proposed outdoor café at 3033 Wilson Blvd
July 16, 2020 – Presentation from the team developing the Courthouse Landmark Block
CCCA in the News
Metro’s Proposed Cuts Are A ‘Punch In The Gut’ For Workers And The Local Economy (December 1, 2020)
“Metro’s proposed sweeping budget cuts in the face of the ongoing pandemic will leave the rail and bus system operating vastly different than ever before. The proposal includes no weekend train service, closing the system at 9 p.m. with trains running only every 30 minutes on weekdays, and cuts to several bus routes. It turns a mass rapid transit system into essentially a commuter rail system…” Read more on DCist.com.
Large Outdoor Cafe Proposed in Clarendon (October 14, 2020)
“A proposal for a large outdoor café in Clarendon is set to be considered by the Arlington County Board this weekend. The owner of the Clarendon Square office building at 3033 Wilson Blvd is requesting permits to operate an outdoor café and kiosk in an open area of the property, catty-corner from the Clarendon Metro station…” Read more on ARLnow.com.
County Board Votes to Discontinue Sidewalk Crowding Ordinance (September 16, 2020)
“Something exceedingly rare happened during last night’s County Board meeting. A broad spectrum of Arlington civic life — including progressives, the Chamber of Commerce, business owners, county commissions and a local civic association — all lined up to speak against an ordinance recommended for approval by county staff — one that was temporarily approved by the Board a month and a half ago…” Read more on ARLnow.com.
Despite protests, Arlington board allows apartment owner to nix market (April 30, 2020)
“It’ll soon be “bye, bye, bodega,” as Arlington County Board members are allowing the owner of the Courtland Towers apartments in the Courthouse area to replace its longstanding ground-floor convenience store with four additional residential units and other amenities for residents…” Read more on InsideNoVa.com.